Call for Papers
ODDS will be the platform to bring together the thousand-year experience of the banknote and ID world with the fast-moving field of virtual and digital ID and financial transactions.
People involved in the digital transaction, identity and authentication communities and specifiers, designers, producers and issuers of secure documents will find ODDS a valuable forum to explain, learn, network and explore possibilities.
31 July 2021– Summary Deadline
Proposals should be submitted as a 400-word summary of your paper, with an additional 150 word description of the author/s and their qualifications for presenting this paper (both documents must be in English).
Topics of Interest
The Programme Committee offers the following list of topics as guidance but recognises that it is not possible to draw up a comprehensive list for this innovative and fast-moving field. So please submit your proposal if you think that it is right for this event, whether or not your topic is shown here.
Your paper could be aimed at the digital world, the physical world or both, covering philosophical or technical issues.
- New optical technologies and materials
- Micro- and nano-optics
- Security image design in the physical space
- Optical security in the point-of-sale environment
- Durability and permanence of optical features
- Window security features
- Colour matching in optical features
- Smartphones for personal identity and payments and what to do without one
- Combatting hackers, denial of service and other internet attacks
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, post-quantum cryptography
- Cryptocurrencies, blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Serialisation, coding and unique identifiers
- The digital/physical transition, interface and balance
- Ergonomics and engagement with human senses
- Convenience versus security
- Enrolment systems for physical or digital identity and the transfer from physical to digital;
- Security design – optical and digital
- The future travel environment
- Benchmarking, metrics, statistics and analytics
- Vaccination certificates and health status certification
- ID theft, counterfeit, denial-of-service and fraud countermeasures
Alan Hodgson Consulting Ltd
inIT – Institute Industrial IT, Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences
Joshua M Mármol
G.E.T SECURE ID CORP
Document Security Alliance
Koenig & Bauer
China Banknote Printing and Minting Corporation
ID & Secure Document News
Cash & Payment News